Who are NANMMA Regional Delegates (NRDs)?
The NANMMA Regional Delegates (NRD) shall be the voice of the local group in the NRD Committee. A NANMMA member shall self nominate to represent their local community.
How can I be a NANMMA Member?
Please register using our NANMMA Mobile App, which is on iOS and Android stores. You may also register at https://nanmmaonline.com.
Where do I get a NANMMA Member ID?
NANMMA Member ID is available from your profile in NANMMA Mobile App.
What am I subscribing to when I become a NANMMA Member or when I self-nominate for NRD?
Do you have a limit on the number of NRDs?
According to the current bylaw, the number in the NRD Committee shall be restricted to a total of 100. Each local group can nominate up to 2 NRD based on the number of members in their local group with the following rule:
- < 50 families = 1 NRD
- >= 50 families = 2 NRD
Additional NRDs may be nominated to represent Youth and Women
How are Regional Delegates (NRD) and executive Board of Directors (NBD) selected?
NANMMA US would have representatives from all 4 Regions in the US:
- Region 1: USA Northeast (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania)
- Region 2: USA Midwest (Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, and South Dakota)
- Region 3: USA South (Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, District of Columbia, West Virginia, Alabama, Kentucky, Mississippi, Tennessee Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Texas)
- Region 4: USA West (Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming, Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon, and Washington)
Each region would have members from all local groups. The local groups in it can nominate their regional delegate to their NANMMA US region. A region would then collectively nominate its candidates for the NANMMA Board of Directors (NBD). The NBD candidates would then together come up with a panel for the NBD – President, VP, Secretary, Treasurer, etc.
Who are the Executive Board of Directors (NBDs)?
The NANMMA Executive Board of Directors (NBD) represents the executive body of the community that would run the day to day operations of the organization. The NBD is a subset of NRD, and its members should be a legal resident of the US. They should not have any affiliation with the organization listed by TRAC.
The NBD shall, at a minimum, consist of the following members with representation from geographic regions:
- Executive President
- Executive Vice President
- Executive Secretary
- Executive Joint Secretary
- Executive Treasurer
- Executive Joint Treasurer
- Executive Director of Media and Communications
When would NBD assume its executive role?
NBD would assume their executive role by February 2021.
What is the deadline to nominate a Regional Delegate (NRD)?
All nominations should be received by the end of December 31, 2021.
What happens if there are multiple nominations from a location?
The following criteria would be used for assessing a candidate:
- The time commitment for NANMMA,
- Involvement in local communities.
- Past engagement with NANMMA,
In case two candidates have the same qualities and commitment, we will go with vurtual voting methods and lotto as in current bylaw.
Is NANMMA affiliated with any political parties or agenda?
NANMMA does not have any political affiliation. However, as it is an open platform, it has members from all walks of life and background.
What are the various Activity Groups in NANMMA?
- Charity (Zakah, Sadaqah, etc.)
- Youth Empowerment (Engaging with youth in the community)
- Faith and Family (Religious activities within the community)
- Civic Engagement (Advocacy activities)
- Interfaith (Liaison with other faith communities)
- Infrastructure Support (Website, Mobile App, Conference, etc.)
- Public Relations (Press Release, Graphic, Audio, and Video Content, etc.)
- Project Management (Manage NANMMA projects)
- Membership (Develop NANMMA membership base)
How can I reach the NANMMA if I have more questions regarding the election in the US?
Please send an email to email@example.com